Frequently Asked Questions
Will my email address be changed after the upgrade?
How do I view the documents I had uploaded previously to SkyDrive?
Login to https://skydrive.live.com to access your documents in SkyDrive.
I am currently facing an error called Something Went Wrong on my browser. How do I fix it?
There are different ways of solving this for different browsers.
For Internet Explorer:
How do i check my mailbox storage?
1. Login to you email.
2. Select Options (top corner with gear icon).
3. Click on General --> My Account.
4. You can check your mailbox usage at the bottom-right of the page
Can I access safely to my mailbox if I am about to move to the cloud?
USM email can be accessed as usual via https://owa.usm.my
Different look and feel of Office 365 environment will be the header that displays all of the softwares that are available.
You can then access to your mailbox by clicking "Mail"
What happens to my existing mailbox if I had opted for the Office 365?
Any emails in the your old existing mailbox will be migrated to the cloud during the migration process without any issues.
If you have deleted any emails before the migration process, that email will not be migrated to the new mailbox.
What are the pros and cons of Office 365 on cloud email services?
1. Extra 50GB of email storage space
2. Additional programs such as OneDrive, SharePoint and below:
1. Physical server is located outside of Malaysia. Might cause a slight connection problem at some time.
2. Any loss of information via email is the user's responsible.
3. Managing mailboxes is under user's supervision.
Unable to login by typing just my ID and password. Why?
Always type your full email address when you are trying to login into https://owa.usm.my
If you still can't login even though you have typed your full email address, please try and change your DNS to: